Written by Overmakta
Liverpool fan to the bone. Father of two. Happily engaged. You can follow Overmaktaon Twitter >> @overmakta
1. Joe Allen seems to have read my previous words of horror. He stepped up properly and did a fantastic job. In lack of a better word, I feel he gives us a more dynamic midfield then Lucas. Might not be as strong, but he compensates in other ways.
2. The difference between Sterling pre and post the Norwich goal is quite large. It could be a coincidence, but my guess is that the goal gave him some new confidence, and it did work.
However, he lacks a bit when it comes to creativity and went wide when he should have passed to a player in the centre quite a few times. He seems to have taken a step up from last year, and for the first time he showed it. I’m not going to give him stick for missing a few chances – he’ll get there.
3. The Mignolet save was nothing but spectacular. Oh. My. God. Could have been a game changer.
4. Skrtel puts his second own goal in 3 matches. The goals have a portion of shitty luck, so it’s hard to give him stick for it. But I still think he’s overrated, and he’s a very limited defender. Sakho was a beast, and I’m having trouble deciding who’s MOTM. Hendo, Sakho or Allen. And that says a lot about Sakho.
He plays at high risk some times, but this afternoon he was just pure awesome. Having him on the bench is the biggest waste of talent since Remy signed for QPR.
5. The full backs are an issue with Enrique on the injury list.
Flanagan has been an “ok” substitute against weaker teams, but against a speedy Spurs attack he will be slaughtered. If Kelly isn’t match fit, I feel it’s time to see McLaughlin enter the stage. He can’t be much worse than Flanno..?
The best would have been to keep Robinson, but he needs his gametime, not benchtime at Anfield.
I’ll finish with the quote of the week, from a certain Gary Lineker on Twitter:
“Yowzer! Everton have gone ahead against Manchester United. David Moyes might finally see Everton win at Old Trafford”
Thanks for visiting FeintZebra.