1. Having finished 3rd and 6th in the last two seasons, Chelsea FC ending as the title holders this season would enable the young squad, the fans and the board to reiterate their belief in Jose Mourinho.
2. Chelsea FC had been ousted in 3 competitions already that are seen as easier catch. In exception of the UEFA Super Cup, the Capital One and FA cups have been good to the club.
3. Winning the BPL would increase the much needed ‘respect’ Jose found lacking when he returned to the BPL. In his prior first 2 seasons, teams capitulated against his team.
4. It would give Jose time to add and knead in new recruits into his squad as only the Community shield would be an extra competition the team would have to face.
5. While a faint possibility of winning the UCL is there, the club knew and remember what they faced after the last victory. A whooping inclusion to 7 competitions that had the club in turmoil.
6. Jose (or rather, Chelsea FC) new mantra of FFP-complaint would make the duo pose as a poster child in how to deal conservatively in the transfer markets and also win the duo the much needed press wars.
7. The BPL league is so open now. The top tier competitional powers has never been so concentrated in a long while. Winning it would go a long way to assert the club in a dominant run Chelsea FC planned for by going for Pep and when that failed, Jose. Both being consecutive winners.
8. Its been said that the then Carling Cup win gave the Chelsea FC squad the added elixir to see through a strong run to win the club their first Premiership title in 50 years. That belief has slowly eroded as subsequent UEFA and Europa league wins couldn’t bolster their league’s dominance. A BPL trophy win now may see to that as the last of the former generation of players is about to be phased out.
9. The curse of managerial changes is one Chelsea FC isnt too pleasant to be associated with. A long staying manager would actualise the perceived potential of a well nurtured academy and scouting system, and CFC is stoic about her objectives, which is, to win trophies. Its either that or the highway.
10. Last but by no way the least, it will make Jose happy. A happy Jose is a winning Jose. CFC and the fans wants that too. The next decade’s success story depends on that.
The writer is @believecfc on twitter. Engage
Thanks for visiting FeintZebra.